I made a realization this weekend — I have a lot of crafting stuff. I could make handmade presents for at least three years, including Christmases, before I would run out of something.
I have the following hobbies covered in spades:
- Jewelry-making: many strands of imperfect pearls from China, wire, tools, findings, beads galore.
- Card-marking: color-sorted (!) stacks of paper chunks, mounted and unmounted stamps, tons of inks, papers, paints, color pencils
- Digital Scrapbooking: 100 digital kits
- Paper Scrapbooking: 50 LARGE paper kits, plus tons of embellishments, stickers, brads, and stuff.
- Sewing: Two sewing machines, serger, embroidery attachment, a bunch of fabric, and notions.
- General craft supplies too numerous to mention including pens, pens, and more pens.
And it is all crammed into an 8 x 10 foot space that also holds my computer equipment, printer, scanner, a cutting table, and a coffee maker.
I don’t need to buy anything more. I just need to use it and make the time to use it. But first I have to clean up everything I just pulled out and sorted.